Soccer committee - carps (machinefabriek remix)
It's now precisely 1330h on Tuesday, 8 February 2000, on Bullshit 1, proceeding southeast on I-26 back toward Charleston SC. There's now so much press and staff and techs and stringers and field producers and photographers and heads and pencils and political columnists and hosts of political radio shows and local media covering John McCain and the McCain2000 phenomenon that there's more than one campaign bus. Here in South Carolina there are three, a veritable convoy of Straight Talk, plus FoxNews's green SUV and the MTV crew's sprightly red Corvette and two much-antenna'd local TV vans (one of which has muffler trouble). On DTs like this, McCain's always in his personal red recliner next to pol. consultant Mike Murphy's red recliner in the little press salon he and Murphy have in the back of the lead bus, the well-known Straight Talk Express, which is up ahead and already drawing away. The Straight Talk Express's driver is a leadfoot and the other drivers hate him. Bullshit 1 is the caravan's second bus, a luxury Grumman with good current and workable phone jacks, and a lot of the national pencils use it to pound out copy on their laptops and send faxes and e-mail stuff to their editors. The campaign's logistics are dizzyingly complex, and one of the things the McCain2000 staff has to do is rent different buses and decorate the nicest one with STRAIGHT TALK EXPRESS and in each new state. In Michigan yesterday there was just the STE plus one bus for non-elite press, which had powder-gray faux-leather couches and gleaming brushed-steel fixtures and a mirrored ceiling from front to back; it creeped everyone out and was christened the Pimpmobile. The two press buses in South Carolina are known as Bullshit 1 and Bullshit 2, names conceived as usual by the extremely cool and laid-back NBC News cameraman Jim C. and—to their credit—immediately seized on and used with great glee at every opportunity by McCain's younger Press Liaisons, who are themselves so cool and unpretentious it's tempting to suspect that they are professionally cool and unpretentious.
We urge you to turn off your ad blocker for The Telegraph website so that you can continue to access our quality content in the future.
The Crossword Solver is designed to help users to find the missing answers to their crossword puzzles. The system can solve single or multiple word clues and can deal with many plurals.
- Various - Celluloid - The Electro Years - Why Is It Fresh?
- Frank Zappa - 200 Motels The Suites (What Will This Evening Bring Me This Morning)
- Thomas Brussig / Manfred Krug - Leben Bis Männer
- Blueswurscht - Rhythm & Blues Aus Franken
- John Desire - Chemical Love
- Opatijski Suveniri - Marija, Marija / Daj Mi Ljubavi
- Kaos* Kos (Chaos)·/ Separate Minds / Tranzistor - Untitled
- One DJ Project Featuring Dame - Gotta Dance
- Living In Question - Hard Rock From Hawai'i
- The Beatles - The Beatles Movie Medley / Fab Four On Film
- Like A Tim - Like 11
- Modern Jazz Workshop - Cool Sounds From Kansas City
- DJ T-1000 - Liquid Metal Mixdown EP
- Kamikatze - Falling Down
- Korperschwache - Sacrifice Of The Ouroboros (I See Your Bleached White Skulls On A Long And Pointed Row Of Bloodstained Sticks)
- Grand Masterz - The Dreamer
- Music Go Music - Warm In The Shadows
- Hank & Cupcakes - Ain't No Love
- Club House - Club House
- Upside - The Niteworks EP